Now Hiring - Mental Health Therapist
Strides Pediatric Therapy in Salt Lake, Utah
Set next to the mountains in Eagle Mountain, Strides Pediatric Therapy is an outpatient pediatric therapy clinic serving children with disabilities. Our facility sits on 10 acres with a clinic, indoor riding arena and equestrian facility all on site. We offer traditional occupational, physical and speech therapy in addition to mental health services. With the intentional design and location of our facility, we are able to incorporate unique and meaningful treatments such as the use of equine relationships, adaptive riding, use of the natural environment as well as a child centered therapy clinic space. We believe that play and fun are essential to development!
As an organization, we are developed on an interdisciplinary concept and strong team approach for the children we serve. All of our therapists have access to ongoing support as well as direct access to the organizational directors to create a close knit and supportive group.
We are looking for a licensed mental health therapist to work with children and adolescents in individual sessions, as well as doing family sessions and parent support groups.
Mental Health Therapist to work with pediatric population: birth – 21 years.
Therapist Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Evaluate and diagnose clients
- Create goal-centered treatment plans
- Provide individual, family, and parent support group sessions
- Incorporate and involve the family as appropriate
- Complete all required documentation within timeframes established
- Be able to use a variety of therapeutic styles to fit individual needs
· This position is an hourly position. The therapist has the freedom to build a caseload to their preferred size as well as having flexible scheduling.
· Masters or Doctoral degree in mental health field from an accredited program
· Current state licensure in the state of as a CMHC, LCSW, MFT, or clinical psychologist.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare providers completed or in progress.
· Experience working with the pediatric population
· Experience with use of equines in sessions
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds
· Lift and carry clients and/or adaptive equipment as needed
· Manual dexterity to complete computer based documentation
· Negotiable based on experience.